Friday, April 20, 2012

Small Details

      Today, was actually the first day of juicing. I'm actually not a big fan because of all the ritualistic components of cutting up the fruit, and veggies for the juicer, and then having to clean the juicer. Blah, too much work. I could buy juices from a health food store, or a company called Blueprint, but it gets to be too expensive. So, I guess I'm stuck with the old fashioned way of doing it myself.
     Those tedious details are actually not what I want to write to you about. Sometimes I just let the blah,blah, go blah, blah. Today I want to proclaim the absolute exquisite perfection of simple things, a mango, a slice of pineapple, an avocado, the exhilarating sweetness of apple juice. the voluptuousness of walnuts rolled in maple syrup. The eating of these things are what I've been reduced to, or rather what I've been elevated too

.Why am I not always in paroxysms of pleasure when tasting these delights of nature?

     Am I sedated by the hormones they put in non-organic beef, or poisoned by insensitivity, as a consequence of eating farm raised fish? I wonder? Am I just an insensate, insensitive brutess? Perhaps....
Perhaps in the sheer gluttony of normal consumption my senses have become dulled, and it is only in the liberation of deprivation can they be liberated, reawakened, and revived.
     Like having sex again after a long period without it. The sensations so overwhelmingly pleasurable, that it makes one feel both intensely in, and out of the body both, simultaneously.
     I remember the voracious delight with which I used to consume cherries. the red juice dribbling down my chin.Life can be so good, and it can be so easy, pleasure is often available cheaply, and even better yet,...sometimes free
So, this journey of restraint has already provided me with one gift. Let's see what others it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment