Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What going on a cleanse tells one about oneself

Yesterday April 16th,2012 I started what is going to be a 10-14 day adventure.It was the first day of a cleanse that includes eating fresh fruit and vegetables before switching to a juice fast.The schedule,as it now stands is 4 days fruit, and veggies, followed by seven days of juicing, and ending with three more days of fruit,and veggies. it is possible I may extend the number of days I juice depending on how I feel.
Yesterday was a very difficult day for me.I was extremely irritable, as my fiance would attest if he were also posting too.I was a major bitch, but then again I didn't feel well. It's not because I didn't have enough to eat. I had all kinds of fruit and vegetables, and nuts around the house.It's because I have a psychological addiction to meat/fish, cheese, chocolate, coffee, and alcohol, and not being able to have my favorite things makes me feel unhappy, and deprived.
I love food, and I love really good food.I have lived in Italy, and lived with an Italian man, and during those years I really got my food on. Also my father came from Louisiana, and the culture of food on that side of my family is very strong, in addition my mother's family is Jamaican, and the food made by my maternal grandmother was also delicious. What can I say I'm an unrepentant foodie. However, I'm an unrepentant foodie, who for health reasons, and a fiance pressuring her to become a size 6 must change her ways.I put off this cleanse for two years, joining yoga class, and Weight Watchers, but there always came a moment when I stopped going to class, or stopped counting my points, and let everything go. And when I say,let everything go I mean to the detriment of my figure. Thus have I reluctantly come to this moment in time when I will give myself a fresh start, and hopefully change my point of view about eating, and get a jump start on a new leaner, meaner fitter me. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment