Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The snow

I haven't really written anything since I created this blog prior to going to Europe this summer. This landscape of whiteness makes me feel that I should create like nature creates without preciousness, but with a fierce wildness that transforms everything, and everyone around it.

One can understand the impulse, the desire to walk off into the whiteness, but what happens once one walks into it? Oblivion, atonement, forgiveness, does one genuflect in the snow, making snow angels with a purified heart?
The sun can have this same purifying effect when one is at the beach. The light reflecting on the water blinds us, and causes us to retreat inwards to dreams and fantasies of a different life, a life lived without pretensions, lived outward from the soul, from the core.

Sitting in my living room I look out my window looking at the ethereally beautiful tree that shields me from my neighbor's curiosity, and they from mine, and dream my dreams of both oblivion, and connection.



No comments:

Post a Comment